Trend: Belted Jackets...

 photo 1d72642b-1d82-4be8-9aa6-5487b2baf9cd_zps81f98e2c.jpg

Lately there's been this obsession/trend in fashion to belt everything as opposed to button up or zip up. I know kimono's are quickly becoming a thing in menswear and that Milan Vukmirovic has been wearing belted cardigans since the beginning of time. However, now everyone wants to belt everything. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it does feel that way.

I know this trend is becoming mainstream because I'm starting to see more and more people belting cardigans and jackets on the streets. I just wish I understood the reason behind this trend. Are people becoming too lazy to button up or zip up their outerwear, are people simply trying to look like ninja's, or is this also part of the 90's trend in fashion right now and the fact that Japanese culture/cartoons ruled during that time period?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...